If you’re looking for a DHT blocker shampoo, that means you’re familiar with its benefits for hair loss. DHT shampoos and conditioners have become a popular solution to reduce hair loss in both men and women. You may find many anti-DHT ingredients that can help you reduce DHT levels and revitalize hair growth.
Most top-rated hair growth products come with a combination of naturally sourced ingredients, including saw palmetto, biotin, caffeine, ketoconazole, and essential oils. Many clinical studies have shown that these ingredients are natural DHT blockers and can effectively lower DHT in your scalp.
Let’s plunge into the details and see how using shampoos and conditioners that block or reduce DHT and testosterone effects can benefit your hair.
DHT- What it is and How it Works
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is typically a hormone that can cause hair loss in men and women. Male and female pattern baldness is one of the common hair problems many individuals experience due to the DHT hormone. An enzyme called alpha-5 creates Dihydrotestosterone in the body. The enzyme plays a vital role in changing testosterone into a derivative or byproduct.
Most people experience hair fall or thinning when this DHT receptor binds to other receptors like androgens. These receptors have an association with the hair follicles. The binding basically causes extreme miniaturization, which results in the shrinkage of hair follicles. Gradually, this reduction of follicles stops hair production.
Although there are various reasons for DHT miniaturization, many people are genetically prone to it and may experience pattern baldness. In women, the increased levels of DHT cause hair thinning when the hormone converts to DHT. It attaches to follicles and stimulates miniaturization.
DHT Shampoo Effects
Assuming DHT is an essential hormone associated with hair loss, the ingredients in shampoo and conditioners can become effective blockers. Fortunately, some quality DHT blocking hair products help you prevent the harmful effects of DHT on your hair follicles. This ultimately results in less hair thinning.
Remember that there is no single ingredient or component in DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner that works as a magic bullet to reduce hair loss. It is a combination of multiple ingredients that boost hair growth and maximize the benefits of a DHT blocking shampoo. These ingredients may include;
- Ketoconazole– it is an anti-fungal constituent used in psoriasis or dandruff shampoos. However, it is an excellent performer to disrupt DHT from binding to hair follicles
- Saw palmetto– It is a herbal ingredient that comes with some natural DHT-blocking characteristics
- Biotin vitamin– The components include vitamins B7, B8, and H and also lavender oil to stimulate hair growth
- Rosemary oil – It is another critical component you can find in DHT shampoos and conditioners that improve blood circulation in the scalp
- Pumpkin seed oil– The oil has the potency to reduce testosterone-based DHT production
- Tea tree oil– This natural ingredient is beneficial to eliminate fungi that irritate and affect hair growth
DHT blocking shampoos and conditioners that include the blocker ingredients offers more benefits than topical medication for the scalp. The shampoos are super useful when you use them consistently, along with hair growth supplements such as DHT block hair growth vitamins. The DHT blocking supplement is popular for improving scalp circulation and block DHT to promote hair growth.
The supplement comes with horsetail extract, saw palmetto, and zinc that inhibit 5-AR enzyme alteration to DHT (the main cause of hair thinning). It is an ideal supplement for reducing hair thinning and promoting hair growth. It also has enhanced qualities of folic acid, biotin, and vitamin B-6.
A DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner is more effective and beneficial if you allow them to lie on the scalp for 10 to 15 minutes. Also, using them twice a day can also double the effects of a DHT blocking shampoo.
Ensure the shampoo you choose doesn’t include synthetic chemicals or sulfur, as they can irritate the scalp. Similarly, parabens or anti-bacterial can also be harmful to your health.
Once you start using DHT blockers, whether it is shampoo or supplement, your hair thinning will eventually come back to its baseline. It is worth mentioning that blocking DHT will not necessarily reverse your hair loss. Miniaturized hair follicles restrict hair growth by replacing the skin with the one that can’t produce more hair.
However, by blocking DHT, you can effectively slow or prevent future hair thinning. When DHT doesn’t attach to follicles, they will continue the healthy production of hair. And DHT shampoos can be an effective solution.
Tips for Choosing a DHT Shampoo
You may have seen plenty of DHT shampoos and conditioners on the aisle of your local market or beauty store. However, choosing the one that suits your hair the best is often overwhelming. Here are some tips you can use to choose the best DHT shampoo.
- Read the label. Never invest in a hair product without reading the ingredients on the label. You must check the label to see if the product contains ingredients like biotin, rosemary oil, ketoconazole, and pumpkin seed oil. Your DHT blocker shampoo or condition should have these active ingredients with high concentration.
- Go through the claims. Many shampoos make claims that they will completely reverse DHT blocking or prevent hair loss. The claims are not true as DHT blockers can restore hair health but can’t undo the damage. You must verify the claims by studying research.
- Try the shampoo– DHT shampoos are affordable and it is always better to try the product for at least three months to see if it works for you or not.
In a nutshell, DHT shampoo and conditioner offer many benefits to restore hair health and improve future growth. Thus, you can speed up the results by adding a DHT blocking supplement to your hair regime.