So it’s Summer, apparently, but as I look out the window, it’s currently raining and the sky is grey. Despite this I’m sharing two of yummy chicken recipes that I’ve been making lately. Neither of them are exactly ground breaking. They’re trusty classics, that are super easy to make.
Yummy Chicken Ceasar Recipe
For the Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of light Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons of Water (may need more to loosen dressing up a bit)
- 2-3 Anchovies ( I use Anchovies jarred in olive oil but you can use tinned)
- 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan or similar
- 2 cloves of garlic (less if you aren’t a garlic fiend like me)
Simply blend the ingredients together until they are a smooth dressing consistency. You may need to add a little bit more water if the sauce is too thick to pour after blending.
For the Salad
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pre-cooked chicken breast
- A Ciabatta Roll
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Start by cutting the ciabatta roll in to small cubes to make your croutons. Then cover them in oils, salt and pepper and toss until coated. Then place on a baking tray and put them in the oven until crisp (about 10 minutes)
- Cut up your lettuce, quarter your cherry tomatoes, and slice your cooked chicken.
- Once cooked, add the croutons.
- Add the dressing.
Spicy Guacamole Chicken Recipe
For the Guacamole
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Spring onion thinly sliced (I used red spring onion)
- 3-4 Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1 Crushed Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Sliced Jalapeño pepper
- Fresh Coriander thinly sliced
Place all in a bowl and mash with a fork until it resembles guacamole.
For the Wrap
- Tortilla wrap
- Pre-cooked Chicken breast
- Iceberg lettuce
- Hot Sauce of your choice ( I used the Nandos Garlic Sauce)
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Place tortilla on the plate and start building the wrap.
- I like to start off with my lettuce and then add the homemade guacamole.
- If you’ve made too much guac, add a bit more lime juice too it and put in an air-tight container in the fridge, this will stop it going brown and keep it for a day or so.
- Slice and add the chicken breast.
- Smother in hot-sauce.
- Wrap up and demolish!
This wrap can be adapted to other chicken recipes. Swap the wrap for rice and feta for a lovely rice bowl.
See more of my food post in the Food section of the blog!Love Lilla xx