Tips On Maximising Your Wardrobe Space | Home

It’s pretty surprising to know that Brits use up to 74% of clothes in their wardrobes. This means the remaining 26% is worn seasonally or not at all. As you consider the percentages, it is quite understandable why most people struggle with wardrobe storage in their respective dwellings. Hopefully, the tips discussed below will throw light on what you can do to create space for your regularly used clothes.

Consider self-storage options

wardrobe storage

Image Credit

Self Storage is a good option for people who wish to create space in their wardrobes. The reason is, it allows you to sort out your clothes and move those which are worn occasionally. For example, thick winter coats and beach summer wear are clothing you wear seasonally. The bulkiness of the former alone can take up a lot of space in your wardrobe. Again, there is a high probability that you own several bulky winter clothing. From this perspective, it makes sense to opt for self-storage facilities that offer short or long-term services.

Moreover, if you are a fashionista, you may have already attended fashion shows focusing on winter collections. If you purchased some of these collections, how do you intend to store them when you have no wardrobe space? This is another reason self-storage is an excellent option to explore. It is best to use a service close to where you live or work.

Effective use of the wardrobe floor space

Wardrobes come in countless designs, but a standard feature for all is the availability of floor space. Practical usage of these internal flat surfaces means your tee-shirts, socks, undergarments, and other small clothing can be housed there. For your drawer spaces, sort out light (not heavy) fabric clothing that can be fitted in there without scrunching.

Sometimes, organising your shelves according to the types of clothes creates significant space. For example, all shirts, trousers, skirts, blouses, etc., should be arranged according to their likeness. This means you must avoid mixing them up, as doing so increases the likelihood of creating a mess when searching for specific clothing.

Consider a new and more extensive wardrobe storage

Have you considered the possibility that this piece of furniture you own is not big enough to store all your clothes? In this case, getting a more extensive wardrobe is ideal. Usually, a custom-designed piece is a perfect choice because it is tailor-made to suit your preferences. Indeed, the number of clothes you own may not be the problem. Moreover, a custom-made wardrobe can be designed to fit your floor dimensions, adding to the overall aesthetics of your home.

Get rid of old clothes that no longer fit you

Image Credit

For sentimental reasons, most people are guilty of keeping clothes that do not fit them anymore. After years of completing university, some persons still retain clothing several sizes smaller than their current physique. No matter how you look at it, all these take up a tremendous amount of space, resulting in wardrobe clutter.

The best you can do in these circumstances is to donate or sell them off at reduced prices. That will do you a lot of good and creating more than enough space in the wardrobe.

Love Lilla xx

Looking for Something?