Dark circles can be a deal-breaker when you are trying to look fresh, young, and flawless. They can appear under your eyes due to several reasons, such as fatigue, dehydration, or stress. Sometimes, they can be genetic.
No matter what the cause, getting rid of dark circles is usually difficult. It requires lifestyle changes, an updated skincare regimen, and oodles of patience! Bear in mind that even if you use the best eye creams, your dark circles may not disappear until you correct your lifestyle too.
Consuming vitamin-rich foods, sleeping well, and staying hydrated are all essential to keeping dark circles at bay. But if you want to rejuvenate your under-eye area instantly, the following dark circle home remedies will help!
7 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles
- Coconut Oil Massage – Thin skin under the eyes is one of the primary causes of dark circles. As the skin becomes thinner with aging and collagen loss, the veins underneath become more visible. The area under the eyes appears darker. According to studies, coconut oil is one of the plant oils that can increase skin thickness. All you have to do is to massage your eye bags daily with a few drops of coconut oil to diminish your dark circles.
- Soaked Green Tea Bags – If you are a green tea lover, don’t throw away your used tea bags! Instead, store the soaked tea bags in the fridge for a few minutes to cool them. Apply the cold tea bags under your eyes for 5 minutes. They will instantly depuff them. Moreover, green tea contains antioxidants that will brighten your under-eye area and reduce dark circles with regular use.
- Potato Juice – Potato juice is one of the best home remedies to reduce dark circles. This is because it is rich in Vitamin C, which encourages collagen production and reduces pigmentation under the eyes. Studies have found Vitamin C to have the potential to decrease under-eye darkness. So, you can use fresh potato juice that is rich in this ingredient to reduce dark circles at home. Simply grate a potato, squeeze out its juice, and apply it to your dark circles. The results are usually visible within a few weeks.
- Tomato Mask – Tomatoes are abundant in lycopene, an ingredient that encourages collagen generation in the skin. Moreover, they contain antioxidants that reduce hyperpigmentation under the eyes. A simple tomato mask can be an effective home remedy for dark circles. What you have to do is to apply fresh tomato pulp under your eyes for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with plain water. This home remedy will tighten and brighten your under-eye skin. You can also look for product overviews of eye creams with these ingredients on Health Web Magazine.
- Milk Toner – Milk is an excellent ingredient for dark circles. It is rich in Vitamin A and lactic acid, both of which can rejuvenate the under-eye region. Vitamin A encourages faster cell regeneration and diminishes the signs of aging. Lactic Acid gently exfoliates the dead skin and reduces dullness and hyperpigmentation. All you have to do for this simple home remedy is dip a cotton ball in cold milk and gently swipe it under your eyes. Follow it up with a hydrating eye cream of your choice.
- Rose Water – Rose water is a soothing and hydrating ingredient that can reduce puffiness. You can mix grated cucumber with rose water and use it as a 10-minute eye mask to brighten your skin. This home remedy will visibly reduce your dark circles and eye bags with regular use. Follow it up with an anti-aging eye cream for faster results. Some of the Plexaderm reviews indicate that this eye cream may help with puffiness and dark circles. Hence, it can be a good follow-up product after a rosewater mask.
- Turmeric Mask – Turmeric is a miracle skincare ingredient that brightens and rejuvenates the skin. It is rich in antioxidants that reduce free radical damage and fade pigmentation. To use turmeric on your dark circles, mix a pinch of organic turmeric with yogurt to create a paste. Apply this paste under your eyes for 10 minutes, once or twice a week. Use warm water to wash off the mask and then proceed with the rest of your skincare routine. Your under-eye skin will look visibly brighter after this step.
Which Eye Cream Is Right for You?
When choosing an eye cream, you need to look for ingredients that target your skin concerns. For example, peptides and collagen can help with fine lines and wrinkles. Similarly, antioxidants and retinol can reduce pigmentation, while hyaluronic acid can help with hydration. Health Web Magazine offers all the product information about the leading eye creams and can help you choose the right one.
Plexaderm is an eye cream that promises to diminish eye bags and wrinkles quickly. It contains peptides and soluble collagen to reduce fine lines. Plexaderm reviews by consumers are mixed, and some users noticed a visible improvement in the under-eye area. As per its ingredients, this eye cream may be beneficial for those with dark circles and fine lines due to collagen loss. It might be suitable for you if you have aging skin with dark circles.
Dark circles may seem like a perennial problem, but they can be diminished with consistent skincare. You can use the best eye creams or these instant home remedies to get rid of dark circles quickly.
However, understanding the root cause of dark circles is crucial too. If they are caused by dietary deficiencies, stress, or fatigue, you will need to fix your lifestyle for long-term benefits. With this holistic approach, you will be able to keep your under-eye region looking young and bright.
Always remember that the skin under your eyes is one of the most delicate parts of your body. So, treat and pamper it with care using proven ingredients. Your skin will thank you, and puffy dark circles will be a thing of the past!
References https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/  https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1600-0846.2009.00356.x Love Lilla xx