1) Courtyard with Paving StonesThe first thing you will look for is somewhere to sit with a nice, cool refreshing drink and perhaps a good book to read. Many homeowners grace their gardens with a paved patio/courtyard where they can place a picnic table and an assortment of lawn chairs. These are easy to install if you use paving slabs that ‘look’ like the stones have been laid individually, but in reality it is one large slab that is easy to set wherever you’d like it.
2) Gently Cascading Garden WaterfallsSometimes it’s just nice to get outside and enjoy nature. With nothing to do but sit there in total relaxation, the body refreshes itself and the sound of running water is amongst the most relaxing sounds on earth. In keeping with natural stone paving stones, a gently cascading garden waterfall made from stones is not only mesmerising but beautiful as well.
3) Saunas and SpasIf you are looking to create inviting garden space, the addition of a sauna or spa is ideal. You can relax day or night to the gentle sounds and sights of nature all around you while the water soothes those aching muscles. Many homeowners have evening parties and this is a major attraction for friends and family alike. Set in the ground with a stone walkway, it fits the overall look you are creating.
4) Ambient LED Path LightsAmbient garden lighting is so beautiful on warm summer nights. With lovely colours available, these can be placed along walkways, around the patio courtyard, and under shrubs and plants to accent them and give them an ethereal glow. Some lights are placed around garden waterfalls and others light up the perimeter of pools, saunas and spas. After a long, hot day in the sun, there’s nothing as relaxing with ambient atmosphere.
5) Lush Greenery with Colourful FlowersFinally, what would a garden be without lush greenery and seasonal colourful flowers? When planning your garden space, make sure to add a variety of flowers that bloom at different periods. In this way you will have flowers throughout literally every month of the spring and summer, right up through until autumn. Also, there are flowers that open at night so if you are going to be relaxing in your own private garden sanctuary in the evenings, make sure to plant some of these as well.
With the classic beauty of natural stone, soft ambient lighting, the soothing sound of water and a spa to relax those taut muscles, the only thing lacking is an ice cold gin and tonic. Just make sure to bring it out with you because once you’ve had a chance to sit in your new garden paradise, you won’t want to get up any time soon.
Like what you see? You can follow me here: